Sunday, May 22, 2011

1 from Sharon Simons



From the artist: "My aim as an artist is to break down visualized filters set by the brain that gives shapes and forms a pre-determined meaning – through my combination of interlinked languages and shapes I aim to create a new form of communication and interaction with the viewer that communicates and shares my ideas of the intricate beauty of calligraphic scripts, symbols, glyphs and ciphers drawn from a wide variety of other languages and cultures. My work is aesthetically deeply rooted in multicultural heritage where I attempt to speak to a global audience, were I do not distinguish between East and West, traditional and contemporary so a cross cultural communication and understanding maybe possible. My work integrates these layered systems of signs into an ongoing description of the world that surrounds us".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Sharon. The photos are excellent.